回覆文章
xiemark
初學者
文章: 24
註冊時間: 2003-03-18 10:01

ART D/IO mini DAC and ADC這台又如何

文章 xiemark »

24 Bit 96kHz Digital Converter with ART Tube Processing

The DIO provides two channels of exceptional A/D and D/A conversion and proprietary ART tube processing. It is the most unique digital conversion system ever.

The DIO provides clean, accurate conversion to 96kHz and will enhance all of your work over a broad range of applications.

From hard disk recording to computer-based systems and everything in between, the DIO brings functionality and musicality that no one else can deliver. And at $199.00 MSRP, it is an incredible value.

Here is what pros are saying about the ART DIO:

?I was able to add very subtle but lovely shades of harmonic distortion by adjusting the Tube Warmth control. It?s quite reminiscent of analog tape saturation.?BR>
?you can?t beat the tone of a real vacuum tube. If you use a stand-alone recorder, a device like this is ideal.?BR>
?Warped audio aficionados will appreciate the ability to really fry sounds by cascading the left input to the right input as outlined in the manual.?BR>
?if you?re looking to add a little tube character to your tracks at a low price, the DIO is worth investigating.?BR>
Ken Hughes, Keyboard Magazine ?March 2001, p. 118.

?Using both the DI/O and Tube MP units together (they stack on one another), I can skip the analog front end of my cheap soundcard by going through the S/PDIF ports.

The DI/O's D/A converter was better than the one in my old DAT machine. On another session, I tried plugging the analog output of the D/A converter into the analog input of the A/D converter. As silly as this sounds, I was able to add a tubey sound to an already recorded Pro Tools file.

?The DI/O is a great portable stereo AD/DA converter that sounds different enough from your other converters to make it more than worth its $199 MSRP.?BR>
Barry Rudolph, Mix Magazine ?March, 2001, p. 132

?Wow am I impressed. Not only have I got way more gain, but the extra tube stage (my pre has a tube circuit) is even a bonus. I can't believe how good the signal is going directly into the digital in of my recorder. I can really rack up the bits now with the DIO. I recommend it to anyone who owns a DAW or computer set up. For that matter anything digital.?BR>
?Ears??End-User ?Submitted to http://www.artproaudio.com.

?The DIO track was much brighter, far more defined. I think you have a real winner here, especially when you compare the price of this unit with an Apogee. The DIO sounds fantastic!?BR>
Stan Pavelites ?Tripod Studios, Buffalo, NY & ART Beta Tester

?Since we incorporated the Art DI/0 with our monitors I have been very happy with the results...the engineers are hooked on the warm sound from the tubes. Many thanks again!?BR>
Jimmy Johnson ?Muscle Shoals Guitarist & recording engineer (and a legend!)-The Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob Seger, Paul Simon and George Michael.

"You have no idea how fantastic your product is, this is the finest DAC I have heard...It's like the difference between a oil lamp and a halogen bulb...It totally blows away DAC's that cost $4,000"

End User submissions to ART Customer Service

PRODUCT SPECS

Sample Rate: Switchable 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz - 128x oversampling
Inputs and Outputs: S/PDIF and 1/4 Stereo Analog
Tube Designation: Hand-selected, Dual Triode 12AX7 Tube
Channels: 2 Channels of A/D and D/A Conversion
Sync: Intelligent Sync ?Covers a Wide External Range
External Sync Range: 22kHz to 100 kHz
Digital Interface: S/PDIF Coaxial, In and Out, RCA Jacks
Frequency Response: 10Hz to 30 kHz, +/- 0.5 dB
Dynamic Range: 100dB typical
Maximum Input Gain: +20dB
Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu
Maximum Output Level: +20 dBu
Input Impedance: 100K Ohms
Output Impedance: 220 Ohms
Power Requirements: USA - 9vac @ .8A (typical). Export Units are configured for country of destination

PRODUCT FEATURES

2 Channels of A/D and D/A conversion

High Resolution 24-Bit S/PDIF Digital I/O

Switchable 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz Sample Rates

Intelligent Sync covers a wide external range

1/4" Analog Inputs and Outputs

Variable Input Gain

Hand-Selected Dual Triode 12 AX7A Vacuum Tube

Variable Tube Character from Transparent to Warm

PRODUCT APPLICATIONS

?I was dumping midi samples to tape and used the DIO to warm them up. It worked flawlessly. It really took that high-end harshness off the sounds. It also helped fatten up the bottom end on the bass sound. The A/B comparison with and without the processing was like night and day.?

?The Clean/Warm knob is VERY cool. Works well and the difference is easily heard. And the D/A sounds great?the DA converter is very smooth.?nbsp;

Recording, Project and Home Studios

Interface classic analog products with any all-digital production system...even go from an effects loop out of a guitar amp!

Upgrade the existing AD/DA performance of your present equipment

Create special effects ?like cascading the channels for unique new textures

Sweeten live keyboards and synths

Warming up digital, premastered recordings

A great tool for adjusting levels in the digital domain

Warming digital audio from a soundcard, digital mixer or DAT decks

圖檔
回覆文章