Frannie
大師
文章: 100
註冊時間: 2001-03-05 08:00
來自: Labway
聯繫:

文章 Frannie »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><FONT COLOR=GREEN>
. One of my classmate even drove to SF and came back.:)
</FONT><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
Gee...I admir people from doing that...cool..;)
ASC CPU
神人
文章: 285
註冊時間: 2001-04-14 08:00
來自: U.S.S. AGC星艦

文章 ASC CPU »

哇例,才幾天沒看變成英交教學了, :D

不過就算速度快,寬度夠,要是上的地方給限頻,也沒用。
magtaleon
初學者
文章: 12
註冊時間: 2001-02-09 08:00
來自: USA
聯繫:

文章 magtaleon »

Sometimes you will appreciate to live in the middle of no where!
ke
大師
文章: 71
註冊時間: 2001-01-06 08:00
來自: 美國新澤西州小橡鎮

文章 ke »

Here comes another issue, what kind of job offer? The job offer in NYC is really different from the job offer in Silicon Valley.
Job offers from NYC are usually for bankers, lawyers, and brokers, etc.
Job offers from Silicon Valley are usually for PC hardward engineers, software engineers, or people who are familiar with IT business. So... sometimes you really don't have many choices to chose the place you live. ;)

Banks, stockbrokers, and financial services hire a lot of IT people, so there is no problem fining an IT related job in NYC. However, I won't consider working in NYC because of the high cost of living. There are plenty of IT related jobs that are close to NYC, for example, the headquarters of AT&T, Lucent, and IBM are all very close to NYC.

Oh! I believe there are more lawyers in California than in the tri-state (CT-NJ-NY) area. See the joke below. :P

Q: Why does New Jersey have so many pollution sites and California have so many lawyers?
A: Because New Jersey chooses first.
ke
大師
文章: 71
註冊時間: 2001-01-06 08:00
來自: 美國新澤西州小橡鎮

文章 ke »

State College, PA (main campus of Penn State) is in the middle of nowhere but many Penn State faculties think they are at the center of the whole universe.
My wife has been studied at Penn State for two years. That was the worst two years of her life (because almost all the professors in her department were egomania.) :x

<!-- Edit Notice Start -->

<font size=-1>[ 這篇文章在 2001-07-06 12:32 被 ke 編輯過 ]</font><!-- Edit Notice End -->
Hsin
大師
文章: 194
註冊時間: 2001-05-31 08:00
來自: Penn State, USA

文章 Hsin »

State College, PA (main campus of Penn State) is in the middle of nowhere but many Penn State faculties think they are at the center of the whole universe.
My wife has been studied at Penn State for two years. That was the worst two years of her life (because almost all the professors in her department were egomania.) :x
Which department was your wife in? Different department has very different environment. In department with more money and a lot of foreign graduate students like mine(Engineering Science), faculties are easy. In department with no money or very few foreign students like Education, people(both faculties and students) tend to be ego. Actually ego is one of American's native characteristics. I know a lot of stories about American's ego.:(
Hsin
大師
文章: 194
註冊時間: 2001-05-31 08:00
來自: Penn State, USA

文章 Hsin »

I like this "in the middle of nowhere" place. But you don't want to know what these unders are doing here. They are really crazy.:(
Andantino
神人
文章: 222
註冊時間: 2001-01-04 08:00
來自: Taelons Mother Ship

文章 Andantino »

各位前輩體諒一下我這即將出遠門的晚輩吧!

從各位的回應,加上 BBS Abroad,AdvancedEdu 等版的文章,實在讓我愈來愈沒信心自己一人在美國生活。

嗚……還是台灣的生活比較愜意。
小見
初學者
文章: 46
註冊時間: 2001-05-23 08:00

文章 小見 »

至於簡體中文輸入法中的拼音輸入,其實非常簡單
如果你國語標準且曉得國際音標註釋原則,那麽
很容易上手的
舉例:
我=wo,你=ni,他(她)=ta,今年=jin nian
劉=liu(廣東話就成了lou,嘻嘻),張=zhang
是=shi
假如各位朋友想學習大陸的漢語拼音規則的話,我可以把具體内容post過來
BTW:我記得前些日子,臺北市就學校國語教育到底用哪種漢語發音法討論過,結果如何?其實,我們都是中華民族,龍的後代,應該互相借鑑才是,只要是有其合理的就該採納,這個不應該於政治聯係起來的
首先我先說好我沒有惡意,大陸人不要想歪了,我想不能有政治聯想也是很難的,會造成兩岸分裂的原因我想讀過歷史大家都知道吧,不能說同樣是"龍的傳人""中華民族"就一定要用一樣的東西吧?畢竟環境與生活型態不同,當然我們台灣已經習慣現在這種生活,要我去習慣簡體字簡直要我的命,交流也不錯啦,我們也常跟韓國日本美國的網友交流,只是大陸一直給我一種民族意識形態很強烈,然後又有點自視甚高的感覺,是不是叫做"排外"阿?純粹個人感覺~應該不是每個大陸人都這樣吧,反正,我還是覺得月是故鄉圓,每次去國外旅行沒有台灣小吃可以吃就很痛苦~~肚子又餓了...@@"
Memphes
神人
文章: 292
註冊時間: 2001-02-21 08:00
來自: 蟑螂窩
聯繫:

文章 Memphes »

首先我先說好我沒有惡意,大陸人不要想歪了,我想不能有政治聯想也是很難的,會造成兩岸分裂的原因我想讀過歷史大家都知道吧,不能說同樣是"龍的傳人""中華民族"就一定要用一樣的東西吧?畢竟環境與生活型態不同,當然我們台灣已經習慣現在這種生活,要我去習慣簡體字簡直要我的命,交流也不錯啦,我們也常跟韓國日本美國的網友交流,只是大陸一直給我一種民族意識形態很強烈,然後又有點自視甚高的感覺
哎~~~~住台灣這邊的我們不也是這樣?
提到韓國人,不免要冠上「棒子」還是「泡菜」;講到日本人,前面常常加個「小」,不然就是後面「鬼子」,只要提到產品生產線移往中國大陸,就不免有人會覺得品質變差。
我覺得民族意識強烈是好事,可是如果排外就不好了。
<!-- Edit Notice Start -->

<font size=-1>[ 這篇文章在 2001-07-06 19:30 被 Memphes 編輯過 ]</font><!-- Edit Notice End -->
回覆文章